Abortion Forgiveness and The Healing Power of Christ Jesus
Many women who have been wounded by a past abortion decision often ask, “Will God forgive me after choosing abortion?” God sees you. He knows your past and the pain and guilt you might be carrying. And He loves you and wants to restore you.
What the Bible Says About Abortion
Many women and men who’ve endured an abortion commonly feel sad, angry, guilty, and ashamed about their experience. It helps to turn to scripture and the abundant proof that our past choices cannot rob us of God’s love, all-embracing forgiveness and eternal life that is offered to us freely through Jesus Christ .
Here are a few scripture verses to aid post-abortion healing, and experience the fullness of God’s love for us.
- “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” – James 5:16
- “Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit.” – Psalm 32:1
- “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” – Isaiah 43:2
- “Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. “In your anger do not sin” Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not let the devil get a foothold.” – Ephesians 4:25-27
- “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” – Ephesians 4:30-32
- “We love because He first loved us.” – 1 John 4:19
- “God provides for those who grieve in Zion – to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.” – Isaiah 61:3
Healing and Forgiveness After Abortion
“The state of my thoughts and feelings when facing my abortion pain was intense shame because I knew I ended the life of my children. I felt like I didn’t ever deserve – ever, ever deserve – any happiness or joy. I just couldn’t forgive myself and didn’t want to forgive myself. My time at the post-abortion Bible study, it was a safe place to grieve for my children. I was able to receive God’s forgiveness for my abortions. That started, you know, my healing journey and it also started my journey of forgiving myself.”
Help is Here
Thinking of alternatives to abortion, or are uncertain about how to support your unborn child? Reach out to Align Pregnancy Services today to learn the facts about abortion procedures, and how we can help you manage an unintended pregnancy.